Journal: Madenat Al-elem University College
Publisher: Madenat Al-elem University College
ISSN: 2664-5521 (Online)
ISSN: 2073-2295 (Print)
Publishing Frequency: Bi-yearly scientific journal
Launched Date: 2009
Guidelines for Authors
Guidelines for Authors
Journal of Madenat Alelem University College
These guidelines contain three sections, namely: (manuscript template, writing references, instructions for authors), and as below:
1. Manuscript Template
- The Manuscript should be written in English only.
- An Arabic Abstract should be provided (250 to 300 words) for Arabian Authors only.
- Prepare text using MS Word 2010 (or 2007).
- Paper size: A4, the margins should be 0.79” in all directions (Top, Down, Right, Lift). The submitted manuscript has only one column.
- Font type: Times New Roman.
- Title: pt 16, bold, centered.
- Authors’ Names: pt 12, bold, centered.
- Authors' Addresses: pt 11, the corresponding author should be mentioned (email address and mobile number should be included).
- The manuscript’ main titles (abstract, introduction, material, methods of work, results, and discussion): pt 14, bold.
- The keywords are written under the Abstract (five keywords).
- Manuscript text: pt 12.
- Subtitles: pt 12, bold, non-numbered.
- The full word "Figure" is used as a heading under the shape or what it represents and an abb. Word “Fig.” is used anywhere in the text.
- Tables and shapes are placed in the results in the sequence mentioned, not at the end of the manuscript.
- All numbers are written in the Arabic numerals system (eg 1,2,3, ..... )
2. Writing References
- References are numbered and mentioned as they are appeared in the text, using parenthesis .
- References are written only in the English language with Vancouver Citing & Referencing.
- 20 % of references are published in the journals indexed by Scopus.
- 50% of references are recent and are within the last five years.
- For abbreviation journals: please use the following as a guide: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nlmcatalog?Db=journals&Cmd=DetailsSearch&Term=currentlyindexed%5BAll%5D
- Journal Articles
Article with 1 to 6 authors
- Author AA, Author BB, Author CC, Author DD. Title of the article. Abbreviated title of the journal. Date of publication YYYY Mon DD; volume number(issue number): page numbers.
- Petitti DB, Crooks VC, Buckwalter JG, Chiu V. Blood pressure levels before dementia. Arch Neurol. 2005 Jan;62(1):112-6.
Article with more than 6 authors (list 6 authors only and use et al for the remaining):
- Author AA, Author BB, Author CC, Author DD, Author EE, Author FF, et al. Title of article. Abbreviated title of the journal. Date of publication YYYY Mon DD; volume number(issue number): page numbers.
- Hallal AH, Amortegui JD, Jeroukhimov IM, Casillas J, Schulman CI, Manning RJ, et al. Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography accurately detects common bile duct stones in resolving gallstone pancreatitis. J Am Coll Surg. 2005 Jun;200(6):869-75.
Electronic journal article:
- Author AA, Author BB. Title of the article. Abbreviated title of Journal [Internet]. Date of publication YYYY MM [cited YYYY Mon DD]; volume number(issue number): page numbers. Available from: URL
- Stockhausen L, Turale S. An explorative study of Australian nursing scholars and contemporary scholarship. J Nurs Scholarsh [Internet]. 2011 Mar [cited 2013 Feb 19];43(1):89-96. Available from:
Electronic journal article with DOI:
- Author AA, Author BB, Author CC, Author DD, Author EE, Author FF. Title of the article. Abbreviated title of Journal [Internet]. Year of publication [cited YYYY Mon DD]; volume number(issue number): page numbers. Available from: URL DOI
- Kanneganti P, Harris JD, Brophy RH, Carey JL, Lattermann C, Flanigan DC. The effect of smoking on ligament and cartilage surgery in the knee: a systematic review. Am J Sports Med [Internet]. 2012 Dec [cited 2013 Feb 19];40(12):2872-8. Available from: http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/40/12/2872 DOI: 10.1177/0363546512458223.
- Author AA. Title of the book. # edition [if not first]. Place of Publication: Publisher; Year of publication. Pagination.
- Carlson BM. Human embryology and developmental biology. 4th ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 2009. 541 p.
Chapter in a book:
- Author AA, Author BB. Title of the book. # edition. Place of Publication: Publisher; Year of publication. Chapter number, Chapter title; p. [page numbers of chapter].
- Speroff L, Fritz MA. Clinical gynecologic endocrinology and infertility. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; c2005. Chapter 29, Endometriosis; p. 1103-33.
- Author AA. Title of web page [Internet]. Place of Publication: Sponsor of Website/Publisher; Year published [cited YYYY Mon DD]. The number of pages. Available from: URL DOI: (if available)
- Shreeve DF. Reactive attachment disorder: a case-based approach [Internet]. New York: Springer; 2012 [cited 2012 Nov 2]. 85 p. Available from: http://ezproxy.lib.monash.edu.au/ login?url=http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1647-0
- Editor AA, Editor BB, editors. Title of the book. # edition [if not first]. Place of Publication: Publisher; Year. Pagination.
- O'Campo P, Dunn JR, editors. Rethinking social epidemiology: towards a science of change. Dordrecht: Springer; 2012. 348 p.
Chapter in an edited book:
- Author AA, Author BB. Title of chapter. In: Editor AA, Editor BB, editors. Title of the book. # edition. Place of Publication: Publisher; Year of publication. p. [page numbers of chapter].
- Blaxter PS, Farnsworth TP. Social health and class inequalities. In: Carter C, Peel JR, editors. Equalities and inequalities in health. 2nd ed. London: Academic Press; 1976. p. 165-78.
Edited electronic book:
Author AA, Author BB. Title of chapter. In: Editor AA, Editor BB, editors. Title of the book [Internet]. Place of publication: Publisher's name; Year of publication. [cited YYYY Mon DD]. p. #. [page or chapter number/s]. Available from: URL DOI [if available]
- Halpen-Felsher BL, Morrell HE. Preventing and reducing tobacco use. In: Berlan ED, Bravender T, editors. Adolescent medicine today: a guide to caring for the adolescent patient [Internet]. Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co.; 2012 [cited 2012 Nov 3]. Chapter 18. Available from: http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/pdf/10.1142/9789814324496_0018
- Author AA. Title of thesis: subtitle. Unpublished thesis type [format]. Location of University: University; Year.
- Borkowski MM. Infant sleep and feeding: a telephone survey of Hispanic Americans. PhD [dissertation]. Mount Pleasant (MI): Central Michigan University; 2002.
- Author AA. Title of thesis: subtitle. Place of publication: Publisher; Year of publication.
- Gruszczynski L. Regulating health and environmental risks under WTO law: a critical analysis of the SPS agreement. New York: Oxford University Press; 2010.
From a full-text database
- Author AA. Title of thesis: subtitle. Thesis type [format]. Location of University: University; Year. Available from: Database Name.
- Gethin, A. Poor suburbs and poor health: exploring the potential of a locational approach to reducing health disadvantage in Australian cities. PhD [dissertation].Sydney: University of Western Sydney; 2007. Available from: Australasian Digital Theses Program.
For more examples go to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/citingmedicine
3. Instructions for Authors
- The manuscript can be sent using (Submission) in the journal web site.
- The manuscript is subject to the Turnitin plagiarism detection software before sending to reviewers, preferably the linguistic review in Arabic and English by the authors.
- The referenced facts adopted in the manuscript should not be taken from arbitrary Internet sites, but only those that rely on research published in international or local journals, books, dissertations, and thesis.
- The research undertaking and submission request forms (available in journal web site) should be completed formally and submitted before any action taken by the journal.
- The amount of (100,000) Iraqi Dinars for publication fees after acceptance of the manuscript.
- The amount of (10,000) fees for plagiarism detection.
- The amount of (5,000) for extra page (when article exceed 20 printed pages).
- The author must incorporate revisions required by referees within a maximum period of one month; however, the final copy of the manuscript should be viewed and approved by the author within a period of three days maximum.
- Our seriously suggest the reader to visit the following link and read carefully before sending the manuscript and also checked properly by editorial board. http://goo.gl/aWy7WX
- Before submission the corresponding author should clarify the following:
- The conflict of interest should be included in the submitted manuscript (it is highly recommended).
- The author should identify the responsibility of each author in the submitted research article.
- It should be identify clearly the authors have significantly contributed to the research.
Journal of Madenat Alelem University College
AlKadmyia, Baghdad, Iraq P.O. Box 9216